Saturday, July 8, 2017

There is Only One You

Is anyone else tired of living in a world where we are not only encouraged to blend in but discouraged to stick out? Does anyone care enough about what they have to offer humanity to stand out when it's made so uncomfortable and difficult? Think about it this way. Out of the billions of people on this planet, there is none other like you. Never has been, never will be. Even identical twins have two separate souls, right? So why the fuck would you want to approach the world just like Joe Shmoe over here when you have your own eyes to see, your own ears to listen with and your own mind to unleash?

It hurts my heart to watch someone with such beauty, such experience, and so much to show the world through their perspective, aspire to be just like everyone else. There is absolutely only one person in the entire universe, only one mind and heart that can love the way you love. There is only one that can shout your words to the world, saying what needs to be said and telling what needs to be told. There is only one that can sing the song that lies within your soul. There is only one that can impact the people that surround you in the way that you do. There is only one that can walk this earth and leave behind a trail of who you are and what you live for.

So many of us lead a life on autopilot. Your true self, tucked away from society, is often hidden from your very own eyes on your worst days. You hate who you are, or who you think you are. You push everything that matters below the surface and you operate with only a small portion of yourself facing the outside. You are viewing yourself from the outside in. It feels bad or even malicious to show your true self to the world. Like you will be received, scrutinized, and rejected. You have been conditioned to believe you are selfish, undeserving, unworthy. You have been told this about yourself by those who can barely break through your cement wall to even catch a glimpse at who you really are. But would you even recognize that person if they were finally freed? If you became totally open, to yourself and to others, would you even know who you were? If you viewed yourself from the inside out, you would finally meet your deepest self.

At this point in my life, I wish to climb the tallest rooftop I can find. I crave a view of this world that is of MY eyes and MY senses. I wish to lookout over this life I have created for myself and scream at the top of my lungs. That is how I meet myself. I want to watch the sun set in front of me and view the picture that is painted in my mind all at the same time. I wish to share my wisdom, my ideas, my words with anyone who stops to hear them. That is how I meet myself. At this point in my life, all I want to do is free myself until there is nothing holding me back from what I desire. And I desire to be me, to teach you who I am.

My passions and my ambitions are of me and as I set out on my quest to find freedom, I encourage you to do the same. Use those parts of you that you have tucked away for so long. Free the pieces of you that deserve to run wild, impacting life the way that you are here for. There is absolutely, positively nothing more brilliant than a mind with no boundaries, a personality with no mute button and eyes with no filters. Step away from the bunch, the bunch that has blended together until it is just one collective being. Leave behind the self that believes you are more valuable put in place with the others than floating free, free enough to shine the way that you wish to shine, the way that you NEED to shine.

I'm not really sure what has inspired this piece except for the fact that I may have just learned how beautiful it is to truly be yourself. I don't think I have ever seen a more uninhibited version of myself than I see right here, right now. And it's all because I decided there was just something about myself that the world deserves to see. I decided that I deserve to be seen. Not through your eyes but through mine. I am the only me you will ever meet and I want you all to know how good it feels to be free enough to give the world an opportunity to meet that person in you. You are compassionate, you are beautiful, you are gifted, you are here. You are life and life would not be what it is without you. Be free, my dudes. There is only one you, so let. It. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment