Saturday, July 1, 2017

What Would You Do?

I have a decision to make. There isn't a real deadline, I don't have much to lose and there's nothing forcing me to make a choice in any way. Yet I sit here in my car waiting for the storm to pass, with my seat reclined and my eyes watching the rain pour down on the windshield like an Amazon waterfall.

I could go inside; my front door is less than 5 feet away. But here I am, making a decision. 

Do I play it safe? There isn't really a dangerous aspect to this situation, except the fragility of my heart. 

I know that there's a real chance at life waiting for me behind this door, and if I choose to walk away there will be lessons to learn. Either way I choose will lead me on to where I need to be but that one door may bring me to a paradise worth risking it all to find. 

I don't have anything to lose. This decision will not break me, it will not destroy me. But it could damage me in ways I am not yet aware of. Or it could transform me.

How easy it would be to just walk away. To turn around and let it all go. What it was, what it could have been, never to be known. How easy it would be to never find out. But I'm curious. What if I didn't walk away? What if I stayed, feet planted firmly on the ground and opened that door? It could be so amazing, it could be beautiful and miraculous. It could be full of adventures and love. 

Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth a try?

As the rainfall begins to relax, so does my body. I sink into my seat, realizing what it is I need to do. My heart beats heavy and the butterflies in my stomach flutter around endlessly. The land beyond that door could be filled with love or it could just lead to another door. My mind races to cover everything that could possibly happen.

I have a decision to make. There isn't a real deadline but my heart begs me to make a choice. My heart urges me to step forward without fear and say what I need to but my mind tells me to be cautious. For when I finally decide to open that door, I can never go back. But who says I'd want to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment